27 Nov 2011

Play Produce Publish Present



I have created an area at our school for sharing and reading Zines. It's a quiet corner of a studio with an armchair, some lovely carpet, a lamp, a plant, a curtain (for when the desire strikes and you need to intimately connect with a piece of work) and most importantly a big bookcase of Zines. It is loosely illustrated at the top of this poster. Students are encouraged to leave their work in the area, hopefully it will enable people in different years to see what each other are doing.

This is the second time I have experimented with screen printing gradients, both times I've been happy with the results. Although here I dropped too much medium between each colour and the result is a tad more washed out than I had intended. 

I will post photo's of this area once I have taken them.